You're not stuck in 2002. So why is your website?
There is no reason for any company or business to have a website that’s outdated or ugly.
It’s not about doing what the cool kids are, or about making your website look like everyone else’s, it’s about using the technologies and features available to update your site and make a better experience for your users.
You might want some flashier design thingies for your site, but with the basics you can at least get a site that serves its purpose while you work out and add design elements.
Why The One-Pager Works:
- Bigger text + pictures. With a page that’s as big as you want it to be, less text can take up more space, allowing for more readable text and making it easier for users to read all the important words and see all the pretty pics.
- Mobile devices. Waiting for multiple pages to load is annoying. With one page, users on mobile devices can get to all the information they need after the page loads. One time.
- Sections instead of pages. Web pages of the past were made up of multiple sub-pages, often with just a few paragraphs and images on each page. But did we really need all those pages? The one-pager says ‘No’.
- Take it easy! A responsive, beautiful one-page website can be built with just HTML + CSS - aka the basics of site building, which means getting a one-page site could be...
- Cheap. You can get a one-page website for free, courtesy of the templates available online. Or you can get a fully customized, scalable site with a small investment, either in learning to build a site yourself or hiring a good web developer.
Get some one-page inspiration here.COMMENTS?